xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support their modernization effort, NextGen. This is a multi-year transformational program that positions the organization for continued success by enhancing benefits, claims and member service capabilities to meet the evolving business and marketplace demands. The program allows the organization to deliver best in class technology in support of a rapidly changing environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in a Sr. Project Manager capacity within the NextGen program. Adhere and follow Project/Program Management Life Cycle (PGM/PMLC) processes.
• Define and execute the overall approach and strategy for delivering multi-release and multi-year technology map for Workflow and Reporting.
• Proactively identify risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log. Provides a detailed plan of how the risk will be managed or eliminated. Provides a weekly Program status report with major risk factors when mitigation approach impacts the project timeline, budget, or objectives. Coordinates the Risk Management Plan and Risk Mitigation Strategy across all projects within the Program and manages the execution within the individual projects.
• Single point of contact for the for this component project. Responsible for influencing and negotiating delivery schedule, scope, budget, and changes requests, driving business solutions delivery in alignment with strategic priorities. Act as the escalation point for project issues and risks.
• Manages the project budget with overall budget accountability for up to $6 million per year.
• Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and schedule in coordination with the line of FEP program managers, business owners, and customers using industry best practice tools.
• Conduct and facilitate town hall calls and informational sessions.
• Ensure that all project milestones are met and deliverables are created with highest quality.
• Prepare monthly financial variance report (actual vs. budget) and provide forecast through the end of the projects with the scope of project.
• Ensure effective communication within and outside of the project team and across product organization.
• Write various project level status reports and leadership communications including steering committee notes.
• 7+ years of direct project management experience; Master’s degree in Business or Technology related field is preferred.
• Strong organizational shrewdness and judgment to manage the customer’s expectations and maintain a strong working relationship under difficult situations.
• Prior Health insurance industry experience- specifically Benefits Configuration
• Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Knowledge of and experience in managing full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Projects.
• Knowledge of and experience in IT environment (mainframe, infrastructure, Web/Java, BPM and BRE tools))
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio and Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
• Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
• Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.