xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a DevOps Engineer/Configuration Manager to provide support of the current Serena Dimension tool as Administrator and Build Coordinator, while transitioning that tool to GIT/Maven. The Engineer will be supporting software product delivery using Agile and/or Waterfall methodologies, in an emerging DEVOPS environment consisting of Jenkin, GIT, Maven and a suite of testing and code coverage tools.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting build and deployment processes using Dimensions and GIT\Maven under using Jenkins automation.
- Providing product administration support with Dimensions and other DevOps tools
- Conducting hands-on troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
- Creating all necessary documents for new DEVOPS processes
- Conducting training and knowledge transfer
- Work with development and Environment Management (OPS) Team in coming up with the building/packaging/deployment processes for new projects
- Works with Configuration Management team to align organization and industry compliance best practices with build/package/deployment processes
- Assist development teams in implementing the versioning and archiving of the software artifacts using popular tools like GIT, BitBucket, SVN, CVS, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
- Works with all teams in developing automation of manual activates in accordance with DEVOPS principles.
- Understand the existing build and deployment processes and helps with improving and/or building new processes to streamline build and deployment
Comfortable with bridging the gap between legacy development or operations teams and working toward a shared DEVOPS culture and vision. Works tirelessly to arm developers with the best tools and ensuring system uptime and performance of our software delivery pipeline.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with deployment, scripting and automation.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps in and transforming legacy environments, leverages experience and best practices as a team player
- Ability to provide the build and deployment support to multiple projects in the organization
- Continual automation, integration, and optimization of the software build and deployment system
- Extensive experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT, Artifactory, etc.
- Solid experience and expertise with Shell Scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration
- Solid understanding of J2EE Application servers like WebSphere, Class loader policies etc. Experience automating deployments from binary repositories to Application Servers
- Hands-on working experience with the Source Code Management tools like GIT, Sub Version, CVS and Serena Dimension
- Knowledge in the area of Configuration Management processes, hands-on implementation experience is plus.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of distributed CM tools like GIT, or tools like SVN, CVS, Dimensions etc.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of Binary Repositories like Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Best Practices using various tools like GIT/SVN/CVS, Jenkins/Bamboo, Maven/Gradle/Ant Artifactory/Nexus as binary repository
- Experience with implementation of peer and automated code review packages to provide proof-of-concept and best practice recommendations
- Experience with writing automated tests to validate deployment
- Experience with infrastructure automation
- Scripting experience on multiple languages
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.