xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Big Data Practice.
Master Schedulers are responsible for creating, base lining, maintaining and recording performance for a portfolio of projects, often concentrating on Information Technology efforts.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
In creating project schedules, they coordinate with the Project and/or Program Manager to break down the project scope into a network of resource-loaded tasks. During project execution they record and update schedule performance and adjust schedules to account for cost performance data automatically fed to the schedule. They are in charge of providing the key data elements needed to evaluate the health of projects and prepare regular updates. In addition to developing and maintaining schedules, these team members also contribute to the PMO as program and project analysts. This can include coordinating with management, operations and external contractors to discuss progress and find solutions to scheduling issues. They provide input to Project Managers as to the best practices for developing schedules. This includes estimating durations, evaluating costs and illustrating project timelines and milestones. This interaction fills an integral role in the PMO process of approving new or changed projects for funding, as well as evaluating key metrics for work in progress.
- Bachelor's degree in CS/MIS and/or 3 years of equivalent professional experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment. Within the candidate's professional experience, at least one year in a combination of the following:
- Progressive broad-based Project Management experience, either as a Project Manager or Project Management Consultant;
- Experience in deploying new IT enterprise systems;
- Knowledge of Standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices. Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience in Health Care organizations extremely desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server is not required but beneficial
- Experience with integrating a scheduling tool (e.g., MS Project) to an enterprise cost performance application such as Clarity, Oracle Financials or Deltek IPM is preferred.
- Microsoft certification is a plus
- Establish development standards, best practices, design/documentation templates
- Ability to support multiple concurrent projects
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.