xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Big Data Practice.
We are currently supporting a large public sector banking client with some of their mission-critical technology engagements. For one such engagement, we are seeking a Lead API Designer that will help architect and implement a National API Service Gateway platform.
- Provides guidance and design expertise for Integration Solutions leveraging API Gateway Services and Middleware Software Technologies.
- Participate in architecting, designing, implementing, and configuring Enterprise Application Integration solutions including API Gateway services, API Portal, and API Workbench.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the professional services team of the software vendor to ensure successful design, architecture and implementation
- Provides on-going multi-computer site support for Integration, API Services, and Middleware Software activities associated with the installation, upgrading, testing, and maintenance of software and hardware in a multiple server and multiple network operating system environments.
- Creates detailed work plans for both installation and continuing maintenance.
- Conducts tests and monitors new installations.
- Develops automation and scripting to install, configure, and patch solutions.
- Provide design, build, and operational support expertise for projects leveraging advanced API services, Integration, and Middleware technologies.
- Leads troubleshooting and analysis activities.
- BS/BA degree and significant experience in API Development
- Demonstrated ability to perform all of the responsibilities above
- Experience delivering Enterprise Class API services and leading efforts to define governance for API services.
- Must have expertise in real-time delivery, monitoring, performance, and reporting of API Services.
- Expertise in building APIs, defining associated policies, testing APIs, manage and debugging of API traffic.
- Must have advance skills working with messaging technologies which may include: JMS messaging, Apache ActiveMQ, MQ Lite, and RabbitMQ, plus lightweight web applications services technology.
- Significant experience working with IBM API Connect, CA API Management or comparable tools is highly desired
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Education Assistance to include Student Loan Payback, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.