xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to help manage a large infrastructure data warehouse project. This project manager will manage specific activities under the CCTI Support project that is one of the large SOWs in the organization’s Care Coordination program. The scope of the Care Coordination program is to provide ongoing technical and management support for the current infrastructure and any future enhancements that will ensure the stability and usability of CCTI. CCTI is the architectural environment that supports the organization’s commitment to provide an integrated solution for the delivery of health care benefits. Multiple systems rely on the data and technology available within CCTI. This project includes infrastructure related work that will leverage an SDLC appropriate for this type of project (requirements analysis, design, development, testing, installation, and configuration of HW/SW components).
Additionally, the work for this project involves management of cross-functional system support teams responsible for delivering technology products and services. Span of responsibility covers large highly complex systems and vendor management for approved procurements. The role requires acting in the capacity of a Technical Project Manager on small to medium size technology delivery programs, and also requires serving as a backup for a Technical Program manager when needed. Ensures project is delivered on time, on budget and with quality. Manages all the system development, testing and support activities for a given FEP Operations Center (FEPOC) technology product offering across all statements of work (SOWs) and projects that impact technology product.
• Experience managing and delivering SDLC and infrastructure projects that may involve integrating leading-edge technologies with or to replace older legacy technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of system development methodologies; experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
• Basic understanding of infrastructure warehouses and data networks
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling, and motivating.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
• Must be able to understand the subtleties of communication in a politically charged environment
• Exceptional project management skills, effectively allocating resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact of a new project and its impact on a technology product
• Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
• Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
o Project Charter/Initiation Document
o Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
o Project Schedule in MS Project
o Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
o Risk and Issue Logs
• Work cooperatively on integrated team of staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
• Conduct, facilitate and participate in various meetings regarding the coordination of project activities and deliverables
• Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
• 7+ years of IT Project Manager experience managing infrastructure that include technical support and enhancement/maintenance activities.
• Prior experience in managing projects that include data warehouse buildout and enhancements, network maintenance and build outs, and Data Center build outs.
• Familiarity with mainframe data warehouse solutions offered by external vendors including solutions offered by IBM.
• Prior experience managing projects requiring procurements, and installation of HW/SW in both mainframe and in distributed network environments.
• PMI PMP certification.
• Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
• Health Care Industry Experience
• An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.