xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking an Ab Initio Data Integration Engineer to provide day-to-day maintenance and development support for the organization’s processes for the delivery of statistical claims data to the Care Coordination Technical Infrastructure (CCTI) data warehouse environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate ETL processes to generate and maintain corresponding system documentation
- Assist with troubleshooting of system and application performance related issues and recommend fixes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on work designing and implementing data integration solutions for data warehouse and business intelligence systems
- 5+ years using, configuring, and tuning industry leading ETL software tools in data intensive, large scale environments.
- 5+ years hands-on design, development and support experience with Ab Initio using GDE, Co>Operating System and EME. Experience in any of the following is desired: Query>It, Conduct>It, Express>It, Continuous flows, Metadata Hub.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux environment, with proficiency in Unix shell scripting (Korn, Bourne, Awk, Sed, etc.)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with scheduling tools, preferably, Control-M
- strong SQL.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate (oral presentation) concrete concepts to a variety of stakeholders across business and information technology organizations in a formal and informal manner.
- Strong writing skills including attention to metadata and definitional detail as well as ability to visually depict concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to work close with others, to work through design challenges, to solve problems, and to mentor and guide.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in groups as a self-motivated and highly engaged contributor.
- 1+ years of experience working with Health Insurance (Payer) organizations or a highly related field including knowledge of Claims, Enrollment, and Benefits Administration industry data models / taxonomies is preferred (not required).
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.