xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Data Services Architect with proven hands-on experience leading the architecture, design, and development of highly available big data platforms and solutions.
We are focused on collecting and analyzing internal and external data to generate knowledge and innovations in support of our mission – saving lives. The ideal candidate will have strong experience and detailed knowledge of designing and integrating analytical platforms to enable advanced research and modeling. The role requires a good understanding of infrastructure and how users need access to data. The individual will execute and support the design and deployment of big data solutions necessary to support our growing research function.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, standards and guidelines related to the data services architecture and data software development.
- Use strong analytical skills and knowledge of the latest technology trends to deliver data solutions to our user community of medical professionals and researchers
- Utilize analytical skills, problem solving and proven ability to work with delivery teams to think out of box
- Partner across the organization to build comprehensive solutions to fit emerging business requirements
- Communicate, both verbally and in writing, to explain how the various technical pieces fit together: you can explain why you made architectural/design decisions and chose certain tools/products.
- Support the definition and enforcement of data governance policies
- Mentor others in the cross-functional organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience. Minimum of 8 years in IT and at least 5 years working with data systems.
Experience in using ETL tools such as Talend
- Experience in Data transformation using Hadoop Map Reduce.
- Experience in data ingestion and transformation techniques.
- Experience in creating and maintaining an enterprise data warehouse
- Experience in database technologies and sound experience in handling & working with data.
- Hands on Java programming and development experience; excellent problem solving skills; shell scripting experience.
- Should be conversant with OOPs concepts, Java technologies, interfaces, Spring framework or other frameworks.
- Hands on experience in applying future state data architecture/design concepts such as Data Lake and Big Data.
- Experience developing REST API structures to interface with external data sources.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Education Assistance to include Student Loan Payback, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Proven data warehousing experience
- Proven understanding and experience in Hadoop technologies and ecosystem components like Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Pig, Map/Reduce.
- Should have good awareness of Linux technology and should be comfortable using command line as well as complex Linux activities (Linux configurations).
- Ability to analyze and manage complex distributed production deployments.
- Team player with a drive and willingness to cooperate with colleagues in developing and disseminating intellectual capital.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and HL7.
- Knowledge on Java Design Patterns.
- Prefer experience with Hortonworks Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
- Total Hadoop - 3+ yrs.