xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To Support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking an experienced HL7 Developer
The OPO (Organ Procurement Offices) has 58 offices in 58 regions with 20 to 200 hospitals per regions. We are going to be leading an effort to streamline processes that will quickly notify a Transplant Center or Hospital of a potential organ donor. Currently, a nurse within a hospital notifies OPO of a potential donor. We want to automate this effort to streamline the process and make it quicker and more efficient. The goal is to Automate the Donor Referral process.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with HL7 International; specifies a number of flexible standards, guidelines, and methodologies by which various healthcare systems can communicate with each other. Such guidelines or data standards are a set of rules that allow information to be shared and processed in a uniform and consistent manner. These data standards are meant to allow healthcare organizations to easily share clinical information. Theoretically, this ability to exchange information should help to minimize the tendency for medical care to be geographically isolated and highly variable.
- Develops within CCD Specifications. The CCD specification is a constraint on the HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) standard. The CDA specifies that the content of the document consists of a mandatory textual part (which ensures human interpretation of the document contents) and optional structured parts (for software processing). The structured part is based on the HL7 Reference Information Model (RIM) and provides a framework for referring to concepts from coding systems, such as the SNOMED or the LOINC.
- Develops for the patient summary contains a core data set of the most relevant administrative, demographic, and clinical information facts about a patient's healthcare, covering one or more healthcare encounters. It provides a means for one healthcare practitioner, system, or setting to aggregate all of the pertinent data about a patient and forward it to another practitioner, system, or setting to support the continuity of care. Its primary use case is to provide a snapshot in time containing the pertinent clinical, demographic, and administrative data for a specific patient.
- We are looking for a mid-level HL7 Developer with hands on design and architecture with HL7 Data Exchange platforms between Hospital systems and other Provider institutions.
- Proficient with HL7, Claims codes and structures from EPIC, Cerner or other homegrown EMRs (Electronic Medical Record) platforms.
- This person will need to have a solid understanding of the processes in data exchange.
- Experience with development of secured web API interfaces, open data standards (XML, JSON, and HL7 V2 messages), 2) collaboration with health information exchange communities -- such as National Health Information Network's (NwHIN) CONNECT project or the Office of the National Coordinator DIRECT Project, and 3) code repositories (like GitHub)
- Development platform experience
- Web API development framework: java or C#
- Ability to reuse and collaborate with designers on exiting HTML 5 web-frameworks to deliver minimally viable user interface.
- Methodologies credentials/training: test driven development (TDD), agile delivery, domain driven design (use the HL7 object model naming throughout code),
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.