xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To assist our large healthcare client, xScion is seeing a Technical Requirements Analyst to support various projects across the organization including: analyze complex business problems and assess feasibility of the proposed enhancements and systems automation; collect and synthesize data, review current business processes, understand end-user needs in consultation with stakeholders and explain implications of choices to all involved; act as liaison between business users and IT development team and works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help create Project Requirement Documents (PRDs), Functional Specification Document (FSD) and use cases; facilitate meetings and focused groups to identify optimal solutions that create and enhance business value and independently lead various phases of the software development life cycle, with focus on validating conceptual solutions and creating quality requirements artifacts.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction to lesser experienced Business Analysts.
- Develop and analyze business and user requirements for clarity, completeness, scope, and technical feasibility.
- Decompose business and user requirements into system and software functional requirements.
- Define system quality and operational attributes, external interfaces, constraints, rules, and other non-functional requirements.
- Develop system use cases that describe the system's intended functional behavior and serve as SME.
- Develop supplementary specifications that capture system requirements that are not readily captured in use cases.
- Perform requirements modeling and develop UML diagrams which depict various perspectives of the system's functional behavior, to include, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and state diagrams.
- Develop software requirements specifications that capture the software requirements for the complete system and serve as the "build-to" specification for development.
- Provide authoritative understanding of the systems implementation independent behavior to support: 1) test designers in the development of software test plans and test cases. 2) Solution architects in the development of architecture and design models; 3) data designers in the development of logical and physical data models.
- Serve as the development team representative during UAT for the purpose of clarifying the intended functional behavior of the software.
- Manage requirements using the HPQC/ALM requirements management package.
- Manage requirements traceability to include development of requirements traceability matrices.
- Support requirements triage to select the right requirements to include in a specific software release. Activities would include identification of relationships and dependencies between requirements, and estimation of technical effort.
- Manage changes to base lined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools. Analyze SCRs for impact of change, etc. Support CCB meetings. Track requirements status throughout the project.
- At the end of each iteration or release, produce a lessons-learned report which summarizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the requirements practices and resources employed on the project.
- Serve as primary liaison between the technical team and the product team and end-users to establish a common understanding of requirements and the as-built product.
- Interview users, analyzing their IT needs in order to develop descriptions of moderately complex systems proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- At least three years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages – Java, J2EE Spring Framework, SOAP Web services, JMS
- At-least 3-4 years of experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software. Ability to write and interpret complex SQL Queries
- 3+ years of experience with Technology Architecture (Mainframe, Client Server and Web), Project Planning and Estimating, Systems Analysis and Assessment; Project Management
- Basic programming skills
- Knowledge of BPM and Workflow systems is an asset
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members.
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Healthcare and or claims processing intimate expertise
- No sponsorship available for this position
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.