xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To assist our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to support a project whose scope is to expand upon the previous years’ experience to further enhance the portability of the Production and Plan Test (C2) environments from the Primary Data Center, to the Contingency Plan Entity (CPE) Data Center.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The scope of the Disaster Recovery project is to create, manage and maintain contingency systems’ capabilities to enable the recovery of the systems and infrastructure in the event the primary processing environment becomes unavailable due to a disaster event that renders the environment or the data center inoperable. The goal is to have a fully functional disaster recovery solution in place and tested.
The work for these projects involves coordinating technical support and systems engineering activities, testing and validating recovered systems, working closely with the Project Management Office and Enterprise IT (EIT) Service Delivery Team. These projects include infrastructure-related work that will leverage an SDLC appropriate for these types of projects (requirements analysis, design, installation, testing, and configuration of H/W and S/W components).
Span of responsibility covers large, highly complex systems and projects. This role acts in the capacity of a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on small- to medium-size technology delivery programs, and helps to ensure that recovery time objectives (RTO) are delivered on time, on budget and with quality.
- 8+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance infrastructure and disaster recovery capabilities within an organization.
- Systems engineering and technical expertise in the planning, design, and implementation of high availability IBM mainframes & AIX open systems.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery methodologies and business continuity concepts.
- Experience in the development, testing, and execution of disaster recovery plans with IBM’s Metro Mirror, Global Mirror, and SVC Global Mirror with Change Volumes in order to verify functionality, timeliness, and accuracy of recovery processes and procedures.
- User acceptance testing and application verification to meet SLA/RPO/RTO objectives.
- Operational support in the planning, design, replication, and synchronization of secure, high-availability systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage infrastructure-related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for mainframe, distributed servers, storage, middleware, and networking)
- Knowledge of and experience in managing DR environment/configuration projects and/or other data center operations projects.
- In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies; experience in managing and leveraging cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multi-discipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills, including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and to apply it to business needs.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve wins for not only own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Ability to analyze project requirements and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possessing good technical skills, including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies to understand the impact of a new project.
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
- Work cooperatively on an integrated team of staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
- Conduct, facilitate and participate in various meetings to coordinate project activities and deliverables
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Health Care Industry experience.
- Prior experience as Sr. Systems Engineer for multiple infrastructure projects that include both internal, external, and vendor resources.
- Prior experience with initiating, tracking, and, when required, working with Procurement teams on infrastructure-related procurements with external vendors
- Good understanding of data warehouses running in AIX/ DB2 UDB environments with Cognos as the BI reporting tool.
- Good working knowledge of configuring and managing IBM TPC/R for data replication.
- Experience managing storage configuration and LUN layout in IBM SAN devices.
- Working knowledge of network components (switches, routers, port configurations).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Experience in managing extensive client interaction and schedule client meetings on a weekly basis for infrastructure projects.
- Experience in creating required Plan of Action (POAs) for all major environment implementations that include detailed steps and activities with identified ownership and execution timing.
- Experience in ensuring that appropriate project communication occurs on an on-going basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Seeks out opportunities on a continuous basis to enhance the customer relationship.
- Understanding of or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and their application to infrastructure projects