xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Java/J2EE Developer/Technical Lead to support software improvements to one of their large systems. The mission for these improvements is to further build out the pre-adjudication, and console applications. The overall goal is to refine the existing application, apply additional enhancements, and comply with Federal mandates slated for 2017 and beyond. The Senior Developer on this project will assist in the development of the overall application enhancements, and provide hands-on support/leadership to develop and implement the 2017 deliverables. The project will involve broad Java/J2EE technologies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform full life-cycle activities in support of Claims Enhancement projects which will include:
- Work with existing project artifacts to become familiar with the application as it has been constructed to this point
- Drive the detail technical design for specific portions of the application.
- Assistant project and development managers to define the scope and develop plan for the project deliverables.
- Accountable for specific development tasks
- Accountable for meeting the milestones set for the project
- Conduct code review, unit testing and integration testing
- Document system design, development and Unit testing, and transfer maintenance work to internal staff
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in object-oriented language, including minimum of 6 years of experience with Java and J2EE.
- Proven strong technical and project leadership
- Ability to follow and comply with a formal SDLC process.
- Experience with software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
- Strong hands on experience with UML, optional but a plus
- Strong background on multi-platform system integrations at an enterprise level
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, JPA, JMS, Log4J, AJAX.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Experience with RDBMS, especially Oracle, good SQL skills
- Some AspectJ experience.
- Knowledge of Apache Wicket is preferred, but not required. Can be substituted by any other MVC based UI framework such as Struts or Spring MVC
- String MVC skillset.
- Experience with Websphere.
- JEE (EJB, MDB, JMS, Web Services, etc.)
- Strong HTML, CSS skills.
- XML skills
- Dimensions source control management. Can be substituted by any other source control management such as SourceSafe, CVS, Subversion.
- Excellent application performance tuning skills
- Experience with jBPM is preferred
- Experience with Java based rules engines is preferred, JBoss Rules/Drools, etc.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.