xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Senior Ab Initio ETL Developer to assist with setting up a brand new Enterprise Data Foundation (EDF) layer to contain Healthcare Payer information to support business strategic, tactical reporting/analytical needs to meet the business capabilities, business strategy.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following best practices in developing ETL code, documentation, etc.
- Create ETL design document, maintain the design patterns, create ETL interfaces
- Create ETL code, configurations, jobs, mappings, transformations, enrichments, cleansing, data warehouse load routines, activity monitoring, events, and scheduler
- As needed, implement Q Rep – change data capture and replication from sources (various) to staging (DB2 on AIX)
- Profile data and implement data quality standards
- Create Unit test cases, integration test cases and results (MS Word or Excel)
- Create UNIX shell scripting, participate in code promotion to User Acceptance testing and Production environments
- Resolve system / performance test defects with document resolutions in tickets
- Review of business requirements document
- Review of and contribution to logical data models, physical data models, data dictionary, and data flow diagrams
- Review of and contribution to solution architecture document
- Review of and contribution to ETL specifications document (functional and non-functional) including source to target mappings, transformation, and data quality rules
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, decision support systems (DSS), information engineering, business administration, or other related discipline. Master’s degree in a related discipline is a plus.
- Candidate must have ten + (10+) years of overall industry experience including:
- Eight+ (8+) years of experience of hands-on work designing and implementing data integration, data warehouse and business intelligence systems
- Eight+ (8+) years of experience with various RBDMS, Cobol (very important skill), XML, MQ/MB and Columnar databases
- Five+ (5+) years of recent hands-on experience with Ab Initio ETL tool, SQL, UNIX Shell scripting and data modeling skills like 3rd normal form and dimensional modeling
- Four+ (4+) years of Data quality, Data profiling, data lineage, metadata and promoting high data quality data integration and date warehouse interfaces
- Four+ (4+) years of experience with Rocket shuttle or TOAD and IBM Data Studio
- Four+ (4+) years of business intelligence reporting experience with top industry leading Business Intelligence reporting (highly preferred)
- Four+ (4+) years of experience working with Health Insurance (Payer) organizations or a highly related field including knowledge of HL7 and / or related Claims, Enrollment, and Benefits Administration industry data models / taxonomies is preferred (not required)
- Prior experience with Inmon and Ralph Kimball method Operational Data Store, Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Excellent SQL, UNIX shell scripting and performance tuning skills.
- Creating ETL code for data ingestion and data extraction for DB2 sources and targets.
- Creating high throughput initial historical and daily incremental ETL jobs
- Proven ability to work closely with others, to work through design challenges, to solve problems, and to mentor and guide.
- Proven ability to work in agile framework, both independently and in groups as a self-motivated and highly engaged contributor to deliver work on time and escalate issues impacting the deliverable end dates.
- HealthCare experience a plus
- Big Data experience with Sqoop, Hive, Impala, MapReduce, HDFS, NoSQL Databases, Kafka, etc. a plus
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.