xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Senior Data Modeler to support the implementation of a Data Integration/Data.
The Senior Data Modeler is responsible for creating, and maintaining, conceptual, logical and physical data models to support EDF ODS and EDF ODR. They will work with the business architects and data architects to fully understand the business requirements and be able to translate them into data structures. They will also work with the DBA’s to establish naming conventions and optimization standards for the database objects.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the business and product owners to understand new functionality in products.
- Closely work with Data Architects to manage conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Develop and communicate data standards
- Effectively communicate with other technology and product team member.
- Build referential integrity into the models.
- Work with developers and data architects to design data schemas.
- Profile existing databases to thoroughly understand all data.
- Standardize database object naming and domains.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical field of study.
- 5+ year’s data modeling experience with large scale models.
- 5+ years’ experience with data modeling tools (Erwin / ER Studio).
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Architecture and Database design patterns.
- 5 + years’ experience mapping data elements for ETL purposes.
- 5+ years’ experience generating physical DDL to deploy to databases Ability to reverse engineer existing databases.
- Ability to build both transactional as well as dimensional models.
- Thorough understanding of database technologies (UNIX, DB2, SQL, Data Quality).
- Experience with Healthcare data a big plus.