xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a Business Information Analyst to support their Actuarial project. The current system relies on several databases for various analysis and reporting requirements. None of the current databases or the actuarial system has sufficient access to provide robust data for analysis or reporting. This project will provide a robust solution for analysis and reporting.
By the end of 2017, the client expects their actuarial system to have access to basic data and a fully functional BI tool capable of advanced analytics. In addition, the client expects to begin testing advanced data logic such as inpatient stays, benefit group categories, advances flags and filters, and the determination of how to obtain an episode grouper
The Business Information Analyst on the Actuarial project will be responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. The Analyst will work with our business partners from the Actuarial department and other functional areas of forecasting, trend development, and rate models.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with Actuarial stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements
- Partners with business departmental teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Collect and review data (e.g. for claims, provider, utilization data) for major deliverables such as trend reports, pricing models, and other ad hoc reports
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and works with customers to uncover unmet business needs
- Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
- Evaluates alternate solutions and design processes and systems which include user impact considerations, cost and benefit analysis, and processing specifications
- Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable BI applications that have long-term value
- Designs, develops, and maintains reports and analytical tools
- Understands and uses complex mathematical formulas, particularly in the area of advanced statistics and modeling
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required
- Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions
- Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS SQL Server
- 5-8 years of data analysis or related experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing the demands of multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Experience working on data warehouse deployments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.