xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
We are currently supporting a large healthcare insurance company with some of their key hiring needs and have an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Pega Developer with PCS experience.
Supports the organization by being part of a matrixed team of software development professionals providing application development expertise to facilitate the on-time delivery of projects and major release upgrades for highly complex, mission critical systems.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of a mixed team of programmer analysts/software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications on the PegaSystems PRPC platform.
- Performs and sometimes leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing of new applications and enhancements of existing applications.
- Assists manager in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks as necessary.
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise. Provides mentoring and coaching to team members and other technical areas as appropriate. Recognized as subject matter expert for complex and critical technologies.
- Provide estimates of work, assist with resource/time allocations, properly follow project life cycle, develop and document technical designs, support testing cycles and support software implementations.
- Meet with clients and other members of the project team to identify or clarify requirements to better achieve desired outcomes.
- Recommend technical solutions to project team and/or offer alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Facilitates communication between all key IT groups and the client community through meeting participation.
- Provides technical assistance to Production Support teams, Applications Delivery teams, Implementation teams, Operations teams, Business Clients and the Help Desk in order to resolve Test and Production problems.
- This position will be designing, configuring, constructing and unit testing of interface related services and connectors in the Pega Solution.
- Analyze and modify class structure
- Develop flows, activities, Harnesses, HTHL, Screens, Properties and HTML Properties.
- Develop Assignments and SLA's
- Build Correspondence Templates for Email deliveries.
- Communicate project status effectively on a periodic basis to the Project Manager
- Perform PRPC Application Packaging & Deployment
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or similar discipline or equivalent experience and 3-5 years of industry experience as a Senior Developer developing in object-oriented programming languages. Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 1+ years of development experience with the Pega Rules, BPM engine, & PCS
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns and techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Minimum 3 years of extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBS, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, and JSF
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML Parser, SOA based infrastructure, Junit and HTTPUnit
- Extensive experience with J2EE application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, Jboss, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS specifically DB2, but also Oracle, Sybase, and/or MS SQL
- Pega Certified System Architect (CSA) certification is preferred.
- Pega PRPC 6.2 or higher platform experience for at least 3 years is a must.
- Excellent communication skills
Working knowledge of Web Services, Scripting and Automation. Certification in the use of Pega is highly desirable as is experience in the insurance and/or healthcare industry. Hands-on PRPC developer (experience with Healthcare and SPM framework is a plus), familiar with PRPC v7.1.6
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Females/ Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabailities.