xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking 4 Software QA Testers to provide support for a series of initiatives for 2017 and solution sustainment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct deep technical analysis/testing of release in plan to conduct validation and verification of entire application.
- Participate in Business Requirements reviews and work with systems analysts/developers to fully test application changes.
- Understand the functional specification and scope of releases to design robust testing harness to ensure the quality delivery
- Manipulation of 837/835 EDI /XML files to generate a wide variety of valid claims
- Write complex SQL queries for retrieval of required from multi-database environment. (Strong knowledge of Oracle database required).
- Ability to execute all phases of the testing process in a multi-server environment. Requires the ability to define and maintain testing environments and/or configuration.
- Hands on UNIX knowledge to write and execute queries would be preferred. Ability to write scripts to run queries in an automated fashion would be a plus.
- Demonstrate strong and clear communication skills with the ability to work with all project members including representatives from business and technical groups of people in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain individual testing machines with required software, and connectivity configuration.
- Additional technical QA and Testing duties as assigned.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.
- Bachelor degree. Technical degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a highly demanding environment
- Healthcare insurance related technology project experience
- 5+ years of Testing experience with strong background in Software QA and Testing in a multi-server environment. Including back-end and front-end testing activities.
- 2+ years of experience in SOATest including WSDL, XML, and messaging clients.
- 1+ years of experience with tools like Quality Center, XMLSpy and Toad.
- Experience with high-volume transaction systems, MQ/JMS Messaging, web services, and GUI development (Apache Wicket, Struts, Hibernate)
- Demonstrated experience with Agile SDLC and test driven approach
- Detailed knowledge of 837/835 EDI formats including all segments and loops. Ability to manipulate 837/835 EDI /XML files to generate a wide variety of valid claims
- Experience and In-depth knowledge of Claim Adjudication process
- 4+ years of relational database experience including generating complex queries, setting up database connections, and automating query processing. Experience with databases testing in a data warehouse environment a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be attentive to detail, highly-organized, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a highly demanding environment.