xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is hiring a Solution Architect to provide architecture design and support to claim/enrollment/audit portfilio. The selected candidate will be involved in the architecture approach, architecture design, the tool/technology evaluation, and proof of concept, prototype and technical assessments, as well as work with application teams on the detail technical design.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will require in-depth knowledge and experience with Java/JEE application, Mainframe/CICS, Enterprise Application Integration, Web Services, Business Rule Engine and Process Orchestration.
The Architect will be primary working on a couple telehealth/telemedicine related SOWs, while also supporting other SOWs as needed. The Architect will perform full life-cycle activities in support of multiple projects identified by the development director, which will include but not limited to:
- Work on the architecture approach, architecture design and prototypes for the project
- Work on the technology/tool evaluation, proof of concept and prototypes to support architecture decision
- Work with SMEs from applications area on the technical analysis to support architecture and technical design
- Work with project and development managers to define the scope and develop plan for the architecture and other technical deliverables related to the project
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience, and 10+ years of professional software development and application architecture experience, including 6 years of Enterprise Application Integration experience with mainframe/CICS, Java/JEE and COTS tools and 3 years of experience with the architecture design. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Proven architecture and integration experience with high-volume/high-thoughput transaction systems
- Solid understanding on enterprise integration patterns, enterprise integration platform and technologies
- The architecture design experience of implementing complex business processes and applications using EAI, BRE, Web Services, Mainframe COBOL/CICS and Java/JEE framework.
- Experience with IBM DataPower, PEGA, IBM MQ Series, SOAP/REST, Java, Spring framework, Hibernate Mainframe, CICS, DB2
- Good knowledge of the Mainframe application and technology domain, including operating systems software and platform, infrastructure, CICS, MQ, data management and database technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems in high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and integration architectures
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skill set
- Ability to work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Healthcare Payer industry knowledge and experience is highly preferred
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.