xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is hiring a Senior Technical Project Manager. The scope includes implementing a physical segmentation or “air gap” between the internal and client networks in order to reduce the overall information security risk to both organizations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Physical installation of hardware at multiple locations.
- Configuration of hardware and software at all locations.
- Switch over of internet connectivity to Internet firewall.
- Establishment of virtual private networks between organization and client Internet firewalls for services connectivity.
- Switch over of organization network from client to organization core switches.
- Wide area network circuit cutovers from client WAN routers to organization WAN routers.
Additionally, the work for these projects involves management of cross-functional system support teams responsible for delivering technology products and services funded by the organization’s Director’s Office. Span of responsibility covers large highly complex systems and projects. Acts in the capacity of a Technical Project Manager on small to medium size technology delivery programs. Acts also as a backup for a Technical Program manager when needed. Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with quality. Manages all the system development, testing and support activities for a given technology product offering across all statements of work (SOWs) and projects that impact technology product.
- Experience managing and delivering network and security infrastructure projects that may involve integrating leading-edge security technologies with or to replace older legacy technologies.
- In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies; experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Exceptional project management skills, effectively allocating resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact of a new project and its impact on a technology product
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
- Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
- Project Charter/Initiation Document
- Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Work cooperatively on integrated team of staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
- Conduct, facilitate and participate in various meetings regarding the coordination of project activities and deliverables
- Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
- PMI PMP certification
- Health Care Industry Experience
- An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects
- Prior experience as Project Manager for large scale network and infrastructure projects.
- Prior experience with Data Center management and operations.
- Familiarity with industry leading network infrastructure solutions and products.
- Familiarity with industry leading security infrastructure solutions and products.
- Prior experience with initiating, tracking and when required working with Procurement teams on infrastructure related procurements with external vendors
- 10+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance security solutions and infrastructure such as identity and access management, data security and loss prevention, network security and application security at the enterprise level within an organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing infrastructure related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for mainframe, distributed servers, storage, middleware, networking)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Prior Health insurance industry exposure.
- Strong communication skills; Ability to work independently; Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Highly motivated; Positive attitude
- Experience in managing extensive client interaction and schedule client meetings on a weekly basis for infrastructure projects.
- Experience with creation of required Plan of Action (POAs) for all major security and infrastructure implementations that include detailed steps and activities with identified ownership and execution timing.
- Experience in working with internal and external managers to coordinate joint management oversight execution of all technical/infrastructure changes.
- Experience with identifying internal and external resources required for each security infrastructure implementation upgrade or client release requiring organization support and manage the execution of the POA.
- Experience in managing approve project budgets with monthly variance reporting that includes a Project Sponsor review cycle.
- Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interfaces/ Coordinates support tasks required from various technical support teams and external vendors as required.
- Experience with creation and management of the core project artifacts (weekly status reports, project schedule, project initiation document, and project plan document).
- Seeks out opportunities on a continuous basis to enhance the customer relationship as they arise.
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.