xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking a UX Architect. The Architect will work as part of the UX/UI competency center to support multiple projects. The User Experience Architect will work on solutions that spans many user interaction points, including web/mobile applications and mobile apps.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and lead relevant UX activities including persona development; epic / user story / user flow creation and documentation, wireframes, journey map design and analysis, information architecture, interaction design and interaction testing & feedback
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Lead efforts on scope, plan, deliver, guide, UI design for multiple projects. Performing planned UX activities on time and on budget
- Plan, design execute user research. Interviewing and presenting concepts, ideas, interaction strategy and designs to client;
- Plan and conduct Usability testing, analyze test results and recommend redesign approach;
- Establish best practices and develop a corporate process, standard and governance around UX;
- Must be able to work and collaborate closely with Project Managers, Product Owner, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Designers, and Developers;
- Must be able to multi-task, working on multiple projects;
- Participate, as a UX Architect, in all aspects of the software development cycle as needed, from research, analysis, design through release within an agile organization;
- Coach and assist the team with development of UX designs;
- Stay on top of user/customer experience trends and best practices across interaction types (web, mobile);
- Work in cross-functional teams, to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, page/screen layouts, tools, services and applications to support the complete cohesive user experience;
- Facilitate client and user discussions, design and testing regarding user experience;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale;
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional UX experience; Total 10+ years of industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of user centered design processes and methodology;
- Experience designing web and mobile solutions for enterprise platforms;
- Experience gathering, documenting and analyzing business, functional, and end user requirements, and addressing identified needs within the user/customer experience design;
- Experience in user/customer experience Prototyping and usability analysis and Testing;
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing and/or prototyping tools and methodologies;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication, leadership and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines;
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful;
- Highly creative and inquisitive; able to multitask effectively;
- Health care industry experience a plus;
SOFTWARE AND TOOLS:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors in Information Design, Human Centered Design, Industrial Design, Psychology, or other relevant field.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, Invision, UXPin, InDesign, Sketch, Powerpoint or other
- Experience in usability testing tools
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.