xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To assist our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to provide end to end automation of environment provisioning and process improvements leveraging DEVOPS and IAAS methodologies.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hands-on technical support for the configuration and build of test and production environments
- Perform analysis of the design, requirements and develop Infrastructure/environment specifications
- Provide EM support for the organization’s SOWs and project initiatives
- Perform full system life-cycle activities in support of multiple projects as determined by the Environment management team needs.
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
- Coordinate tasks across multi-platforms and cross functional teams.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to support Environment Management initiatives.
- Provide timely production environment and Infrastructure support.
- Support the maintenance of current (Test/Production) environments and infrastructure.
- Create all necessary documentation and communicate to Stakeholders.
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer.
BEST FIT / TEAM DYNAMICS:
- Infrastructure Engineer with a minimum of 8 plus years of hands-on experience.
- Building robust middleware environments
- Scripting and process automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Java/J2EE methodology and frameworks
- Extensive UNIX AIX or Linux and scripting experience
- Extensive knowledge of WebSphere MQ
- Extensive knowledge of MQ Series
- Extensive SDLC experience with some development or systems programming experience
- Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot mid-tier/infrastructure issues.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (Critical)
- Ability to facilitate technical requirements gathering and design sessions
- Ability to collaborate and interpret business and technical needs
- Excellent attention to detail and quality work products (Critical)
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external customers (Critical)
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision (Critical)
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Excellent time management ability. (Critical)
- Sense of urgency given tight deadlines for effort
- Take pride in quality work delivery and providing seamless end-user experience
- Thoughtful and complete balanced analysis for problem resolution
- Think outside the box to provide holistic solutions
- General curiosity and willingness to dig into unknown topics
- Independent contributor; will partner with stakeholders
- Self – starter, take charge and high initiative
- Interpersonal flexibility
- Works effectively in high state of change and ambiguity
- Experience with DEVOPS or IAAS
- AIX oe Linux
- EIAM (Identity Access Management)
- Datapower ESB
- Pega or Rules Engine
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.