xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To assist our large healthcare client, xScion is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to support several initiatives that require enhancements to the Test and Production environment infrastructure. The Infrastructure Engineer will, from day one, serve as a lead and technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to analyze, develop and implement an infrastructure strategy/solutions for mainframe and midrange platforms. These environments comprise of Unit, Integration, Systems, and Acceptance Test and Production.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and provide technical direction and expertise to a project team
- Provide daily hands on technical support for the renovation of new and existing environments.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to support Environment Management process initiatives.
- Provide Production Environment and Infrastructure support for the project.
- Support team in maintaining current (Test/Production) environments and infrastructure.
- Create all necessary documentation and communicate to the team in support of the project.
- Provide pre and post implementation support for test and production environments.
- Conduct regular training and knowledge transfer
Infrastructure Engineer with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience including:
- Strong Mainframe Systems Engineer experience (Do not want Mainframe application developer***); specifically, hands on experience with ZOS, CICS and MQseries
- Experience with middleware interfaces such as AIX, WebSphere, Networks, LDAP is preferred
- Experience building robust environments
- Environment Infrastructure build and automation
- Scripting and automation experience
- Build and deployment experience
- DB2 database experience
- Extensive SDLC experience
- Solid ability to analyze and trouble-shoot mainframe/midtier infrastructure issues.
- Solid leadership and hands on technical experience
- Strong project management and ability to provide technical guidance to a team
- The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
- Strong technical skills and ability to work proactively
- Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision
Systems mainframe platforms and their associated Operation Systems and Tools including:
- MQ Series
- DB2 UDB
- Strong UNIX/scripting
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.