xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Smart Data Practice.
To support our large healthcare client, xScion is hiring an IT Infrastructure Architect to work as part of the organization’s Informatics Team managing the Big Data, Data Integration and Business Intelligence data systems infrastructure, primarily servers, and storage, ensuring their high availability, security, and integrity. This role is responsible for accurately and efficiently architecting and leading the implementation of products for a cross-business unit multi-product integrated solution.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with cross-functional teams (network, security etc.) to design infrastructure architecture, manage the infrastructure lifecycle, and ensure high availability and disaster recovery capability of critical systems
- Recommends internal IT team with suitable technology infrastructure updates in order to develop long- and short-term planning
- Recommends alternatives for IT infrastructure architecture in order to ensure business sustainability
- Explores requirements from internal IT team in order to recommend the most suitable IT infrastructure solutions
- Elaborates functional requirements into technical specifications in order to ensure effective development process
- Leads the execution of IT deployment plan in order to ensure deployment efforts are aligned with the agreed solution
- Evaluates overall IT infrastructure capacity in order to ensure optimum system performance
- Identifies area for improvement, develops improvement program and monitors the implementation to increase process efficiency
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Experience making healthcare system presentations to stakeholders and business associates
- Demonstrable experience in delivering ITSM processes and tools
- Knowledge and experience working within architecture frameworks (e.g., TOGAF, MODAF, Zachman)
- Experience working within Service Integration and Management (SIAM)
- Experience with software architecture, solution architecture, software project management, SDLC, Java, SOA, UNIX, Linux
- Working knowledge of IT architecture and IT governance
- Experience with enterprise-wide platforms such as Dell, Cisco, etc.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Should have implementation knowledge of Ab Initio product architecture
- Should have implementation knowledge of Microstrategy product architecture
- Experience with requirements analysis, estimation, scoping, design, review, and performance tuning of infrastructures.
- Experience providing infrastructure architecture solutions for large programs
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.