xScion Solutions is a Virginia based, woman-owned Information Technology (IT) professional services firm that solves critical business problems for leading commercial and federal clientele nationwide. We have proven experience supporting large scale IT initiatives in the Health Care, Financial, Public, and Education sectors, in addition to expanding our Big Data Practice.
We are looking for Performance Engineer will work with stakeholders and business owners to ensure that scheduling, testing and reporting are provided for each consumer of the Stress environment. The Engineer will deliver stress and performance testing support to the IT teams including system management and preparation, performance/stress test execution assistance, reporting assistance, troubleshooting and operational support.
The Performance Engineer collaborates with management, developers, and automation team members to identify and plan for Functional automation coverage and implementation strategy. The individual insures that these plans are properly implemented and operated. The Engineer will closely support IT staff to ensure a cohesive process for the consumers of performance testing environment including the duration of testing and the appropriate exit criteria for completion of stress testing.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and document automated test strategies, plans, and scripts based on executing an analysis of the requirements and specifications for each project initiative, to include analysis for data driven and/or record and playback approaches
• Develop, document and review performance test plans and strategies to ensure the systems can sustain the projected load/ volume in production environment
• Perform Automated testing by executing test plans for each project utilizing testing software tools (RFT) which should include an optimal combination of data-driven testing vs. ‘record and playback’ testing
• Assisting QA Analysts and/or Performance Test Engineers on selected projects in sharing knowledge on Automated testing and helping personnel with building automated scripts, and executing Performance Testing
• Provide system administration support in the stress environment.
• Coordinate and assist the deployment of applications into the stress environment
• Provide software configuration management and tracking for the stress environment
• Provide an interface and coordination point between the SE and IG teams
• Collect all test artifacts and store those artifacts in the project repository.
• Work with the other members of the IT team to execute the test cases
• Implement assigned portions of the stress/performance testing infrastructure plan
• Work with resource owners in line-of-business organizations to ensure the stress environment is prepared for the consumers use
• Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to questions or actions raised during stress testing
• Consult with IT and other organization management to ensure enforcement of stress environment policies and procedures
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Java and or C++ programming, Java scripts, and automated testing tools and methodologies
• Experienced with Linux system administration
• Experienced in managing stress/performance testing environments
• 4+ Years’ experience in IT with a broad range of exposure to all aspects of operational, stress and performance evaluations, systems analysis, and system engineering.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in performance tuning and stress testing
• Possess a working knowledge of architectural frameworks and methodologies.
• Possess a broad knowledge of operating systems and software Development tools.
• Experience with the Webload and/or Jmeter testing tools
• Technical proficiency in test-related hardware and software, particularly in relation to IT systems, including: web server, application servers, databases, and messaging middleware network elements such as LDAP,IP,SSH, SFTP, VPN, Firewall, operating systems such as Windows NT/2000, AIX, Linux and Solaris, desktop technologies such as Windows, Symantec, Rational Webload and testing and monitoring software
• Familiarity with AWS is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to work as a member of cross-functional project teams in matrix environment
• Ability to work off-shifts (evening, night, weekend)
• Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
In return for your expertise, xScion offers a competitive compensation package based on your experience and qualification in addition to an excellent benefits package. Highlights include Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, 401k and matching, Tuition Reimbursement, LTD and Life Insurance in addition to holiday time and PTO. EOE.